Back of House with Nada Dimovski
July 22nd, 2021
Get acquainted with the human-side of FoodStorm as we sit down for monthly interviews with the people who power our business.
Nada, Bookkeeper Extraordinaire, spends her days recording and maintaining FoodStorm’s financial transactions, such as purchases, expenses, sales revenue, invoices and payments. What’s more, her role spans multiple countries, currencies and even continents! Without Nada, FoodStorm would be a vehicle with no wheels.
1) What do you enjoy most about working at FoodStorm?
Coming into work every day makes me happy because I get to work with such wonderful individuals. Working at FoodStorm appeals to me because of the family-like atmosphere in which everyone gets along. Aside from getting to work with passion and motivation, I love that every Friday we can say, “congrats on another massive week!”
2) Where do you see the catering industry & catering technology going in the future?
I feel that caterers improved and bolstered their digital presence and online appearance throughout COVID-19, and that they will continue to improve as clients find new or additional ways to reach their customers digitally. It’s becoming a way of life to have an online presence. People will always want to come together and share their experiences and cuisine, thus the catering sector will always thrive.
3) Tell us about your background that led to you joining the FoodStorm team:
I’ve been in the financial industry for almost 20 years. I worked as a bookkeeper and accountant in Europe. Moving to Melbourne, Victoria from Europe was a drastic change as I was a working mother and needed to find a company that would allow me to have that work-life balance. FoodStorm approached me with a job offer in bookkeeping, and I am grateful for the flexibility they have provided me because it has allowed me to achieve the balance I was seeking.
4) What are the values that drive you?
Here are the few values that drive my personal work ethic…
- Trust (people that you deal with)
- Innovation (of your problem-solving ability)
- Passion (for your everyday challenges completed successfully)
5) How would you describe FoodStorm in 1 word?
6) In another life, I’m pretty sure I was a…
Fashion designer as I’ve always had the need to stand out from the crowd and I absolutely love putting together quirky outfits.
7) The best piece of advice I’ve been given was
“Trust the process your time will come.”
8) If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
If I could have one superpower, it would be teleportation as I have family and friends overseas and would enjoy seeing them more often. Not to mention the ability to skip commute-time traffic!
9) Cat-person or dog-person?
Would definitely say I’m a dog person as I’ve grown up with them all my life. This is my Lhasa Apso, Snoopy.
10) What’s your favorite way to spend time off?
I love spending time and laughing with my daughter. I especially love it when after a day filled with activities and she says, “this is the best day ever!” It makes my heart smile to hear that!