Back of House with Anthony Super
May 12th, 2022
Get acquainted with the human-side of FoodStorm as we sit down for monthly interviews with the people who power our business.
Anthony Super, Staff Engineer, spends his days developing, testing and maintaining the bedrock of FoodStorm software. Leading our team of engineers, Anthony drives new product development and deployment to ensure our customers continue to receive world-class technology and features.
1) What do you enjoy most about working at FoodStorm?
Without a doubt, the people! I’m surrounded by such talented minds. We all get along so well and always have a laugh. Our team definitely punches above its weight when it comes to building amazing software.
2) Where do you see the catering industry & catering technology going in the future?
It was hard to know how catering might have changed post COVID. Individually packed meals certainly became more popular, but overall it’s wonderful to see that traditional corporate and event catering is back bigger than ever!
In terms of catering tech, I see a complete end-to-end digital experience for both the caterer and the customer. From paperless, distributed kitchens to real-time delivery tracking for customers, it’s going to be amazing!
3) Tell us about your background that led to you joining the FoodStorm team:
I’m a co-founder of FoodStorm! I started the company with my wife Miranda back in 2007 and we set out to revolutionize catering through technology. We’re now a Silicon Valley Tech company and used by the world’s best caterers. I couldn’t be prouder of what our team has achieved.
4) What are the values that drive you?
I value innovation; not just designing great software but truly solving problems for our customers. But above all else, acting with integrity has been the key to our success.
5) How would you describe FoodStorm in 1 word?
6) The best piece of advice I’ve been given was…
That the most valuable thing you can give someone is your time. Oh, and never trust an electrician with no eyebrows.
7) If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
The ability to summon objects that are just out of reach, like the remote at the other end of the sofa.
8) If you were a pasta shape, what shape would you be & why?
Rigatoni, because it’s kinda got my name in it.
9) What are you currently playing, reading, watching or listening to? (i.e. videogame, book, tv series, podcast)
Currently listening to the best of Roxette, what a hit machine they were!
10) If you were a professional wrestler, what would your Ring Name be?
Super Deluxe 🦸♂️ ready to smack down!